Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Earthquake Experience by Talia

When the earthquake happened I was at Avonhead School in their new hall. Before the earthquake the Principle said the room is earthquake proof and would not fall down so we would be safe and then a couple minutes later the earthquake hit. Grace Su sat on my lap because there were no seats for her but in the earthquake she wouldn't get off me so I pushed her down and did the turtle next to her. We went outside on the court with the Avonhead children they were scared too .When I walked outside I saw a big crack down the glass door on the new building. My mum was with me because she offered to take some children to Avonhead School. They said outside that auditions will still go on but a few minutes later they said that we will not do the audition because the children will not do their best. So mum took me, Luka and Olivia back to school and the traffic was so busy but we got there in the end.  There was liquefaction at school and the back street behind school. We dropped them off at school and I already had my bag in the car so we rushed home and my step Dad, my Dad, my dog and my sister were home safely. Some things fell over but did not break, so that's really want I did in the earthquake. I hope you did not get any damage so I will see you soon stay safe. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment