Saturday, March 5, 2011

Earthquake Recount by Isabella B


Earthquake!!!!!!!!

It was 12:50 and I was having my lunch with my friends I looked at my watch 0.58, 0.59, 12:51. I waited about three seconds and then my stomach clenched. I felt the ground shaking. I got down into a turtle wondering what would happen next. Suddenly I heard the sound of everybody running towards the court. I got up and saw the sight of terrified faces everywhere, worried faces just getting worse. I felt a tear roll down my face at the thought of my family being hurt and not seeing them again. Everyone was shocked at the same thought as was the whole of Christchurch. It took a long time for parents to arrive but Mr Grants guitar was a much needed distraction. It must have been really hard for the teachers; they had to look after us while not knowing if their own families were safe. Eventually I saw my dad in his car. I felt so relieved he was safe and he said Mum would be OK but I could tell by his voice he didn't really know. Four hours later mum came home and we were all together again. I felt so happy I couldn't even say how happy I was. Now a week later I still feel lucky but I still think about the other people that aren't as lucky as me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bella
    Lovely writing, it brought tears to my eyes. Well done for having it published here. We were so pleased and relieved you were all alright too. See you in April. Love Bridget & Conor. Xxx

    ReplyDelete