Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Earthquake Recount by Phoebe R

This is my recount of the 6.3 Earthquake on Feb 22nd. I was just heading into the girls toilets when the earthquake struck; I was very frightened and started screaming. I dropped to the turtle position till it was over. I then headed to the grass where I met with my friends and my class to see if they were all ok. I was feeling really sad because I thought that no one would come to see if I was alright, but my cousin came to check on me and Tristan because Mum was stuck in traffic trying to get to us. I couldn't believe our school had lots of liquefaction and had big cracks in the court. When we got home we had stuff all over the floor and lots of plaster off our ceiling. Nana, Poppa and Aunty Lisa came to check we were ok because they couldn't contact us because we had no power or water. We went over to their house. I am so happy that none of my family or friends was hurt but I am very sad for those who have lost someone.

Phoebe R

No comments:

Post a Comment