Friday, February 25, 2011

Earthquake by Liam P

Earthquake

On Tuesday at 12:51 we were struck by a 6.3 magnitude earthquake.

After I finished my yummy lunch I was playing at the back of the field with Alex. But then I heard a terrible rumble and then the green grass started to shake, I then started to run away from the trees and on to the basketball court. I was feeling very scared and then I heard the emergency bell. We lined up in our class lines; I noticed liquefaction coming up from the grass.

I supported my friends by saying "Its alright no one is hurt" while there were some more aftershocks. We soon had to move because the liquefaction was coming closer. Mr Atherton moved us again when it kept creeping closer! I asked Mr Atherton is I could find my brother Elliott as I was worried about him. When I found Elliott I checked he was ok and gave him a big hug. I think Elliott was scared too!

We had to wait a long time for my Mum to come because she was at a preschool and had to help keep other children safe. We went then and got Louis from preschool, luckily he was ok too. When we were driving home there was another big aftershock and Mum had trouble keeping the car on the road. We could not find my Dad and we were worried about him.

We got home and it was a huge mess. Our cat has gone missing. Suddenly our Dad was there I was really happy to see him! He was in Cashel Street Mall and was trying to help people who were trapped. We all prayed to God that we were very lucky to all be alive and together! We packed our bags and then went to Ashburton to keep safe at my Nanas house. We are still there.

When we arrived at Nanas house I felt so much safer than being in Christchurch. I hope everyone and their families are safe.

God bless us all.

From Liam P

No comments:

Post a Comment